Monday, August 13, 2007

Simply Dominion

To begin with, I am certainly not the right person to be addressing Yakisoba's blog entry "The politics of Cervantes" which is essentially all about Dominion. However, I am writing on behalf of Wussking and Lezard, both of whom I know very well in person.


I would have preferred to maintain silence on this issue (since Tsubaki mentioned that the entry is written strictly from their point of view), if not for the fact that there are elements of personal attacks in it, coupled with a flaming war going on in the forum. I would like to ask all Dominions to not partake in this flaming, and allow me to address the issue here. My take on this may not represent all of the Dominions, but, I hope that it is enough to stop this whole hoo-ha.


1. History regarding the ‘Dominion vs Yakisoba’ War.

I do not have any recollection of Dominion openly declaring ourselves to be Yakisoba's rivals (I use the word rival in one of my entry earlier simply because Tsubaki mentioned it in his entry). The statement is debatable but it is definitely unfair to paint Dominion as the aggressor when in fact, we never have intention to be one. We simply do not wish for the Cervantes to be dominated by one faction, and works towards gaining a healthy playing ground for all, be it friends or foes.


2. On Wussking's ban.

To set the record straight and to stop all speculations on what happened to Wussking, he was indeed banned. Strangely though, Yakisoba's members came to know about it way before Dominion's members did. I would not question where they get this information from, but would rather address what really happened that resulted in his ban. Wussking did not bot and his only mistake come from using a gaming keyboard which xtrap did not has any issue with. He did not bypass xtrap intentionally, like what some has speculated. He has, in fact, only 1 level 100 character when he got banned from suspected botting. Straight after he got banned, he sent ticket(s) to IAH to investigate his case. He maintained his silence even to Dominion's member to prevent the faction from getting flustered by his ban. But nevertheless, Yakisoba caught wind of it, and use it to their best advantage.


This is perhaps only known in our faction, but a week after his ban, Wussking came back and resume duties as the leader (not in name). Even though his ban got him thinking about quitting for good, he did not take the easy way out. Instead, he picked himself up and came back to start from square one. I will not tolerate any personal insults on him, and no one has the right to judge him if they do not know him personally.


3. Dominion's series of abuses.

It is indeed not possible to transfer leadership by normal means. But Dominion did not go through any illegal means to get this done. We simply submitted a ticket to IAH, stating our valid reasons, and requested for the change of leadership. With Wussking's ban, we were unable to truce any factions that warred us. It was simply done out of necessity. If IAH has refuse to assist us, we would have opt for another option; re-creating a faction. We did not, ever contacted any GM and ask for special favors. GMs only manage the game, and they are probably not the decision makers. I, for one, did not understand what Tsubaki was trying to hint at.


I must admit that Dominion did abuse the bug that allowed us to transfer members without the 7-day penalty. I was not in favor of exploiting this bug, but the abuse from Yakisoba got so bad that half the time we were trying to fend them off. They took advantage of their 65% HP boost and went around hunting and killing Dominion's members, especially those that were doing afk-leveling. We have already admitted our defeat and requested for a truce. They did not grant it to us, and simply use it to their advantage. Yet, our policy has always been to maintain our relationships cordial. We were repeatably reminded not to kill on sight, unless provoked, which happened almost one hundred percent of the time. Then again, I would like to thank some of the Yakisoba's members, who kindly left us alone. On hindsight, the so-called ‘faction bug’ might not even be a bug at all since it has been known to many and I am sure IAH would have solved the issue or rectified it if they wanted the bug removed.


4. On Boss Raids against Dominion.

It is a known fact that Yakisoba monopolized bosses to prevent other factions from getting uniques and elites for their level 100s. You can refute me on this, but I have evidence to show otherwise. Tsubaki had also conveniently forgotten that they had 65% HP boost advantage for a week, which allowed them to kill on sight and to gain full access to the bosses.


5. Colony war 290607 and 050807.

Dominion had a BBQ session on 290607, which saw us ending the war with 0 colony. It was a crushing defeat, and those who attended the BBQ felt so bad, most left with a heavy heart. We logged in towards the end of the war to check the status and to witness insults being broadcasted. The attacks on us worsen our guilt of not attending the war.


This might have prompted the leaders to take a more drastic course of action for 050807 colony war. I was not involved in planning for the war, thus I am unable to reveal what prompted the ally and friends to work together. But many a times, what you reap is what you sow. I will not and do not wish to bad-mouth against any group but would like to put a simple point across in retrospect of what has happened. If what you have done thus far had been respectable in the eyes of others, we wouldn’t be witnessing such a situation of today.


6. The use of a Factionless member for resurrection purposes.

We did not rely on the use of a faction-less player to focus on resurrecting our members, it just so happened that the said player was paying the penalty of leaving a faction, but wanted to help out in the war. That is certainly not exploitation of any bug whatsoever. Simply a strategy that is very much part of the game.


7. Conclusions.

Dominion's main priority in game is to have fun, especially among friends, as simple as that. :)


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderfully said loth jie ^_^

Anonymous said...

i absolutely agree with loth here. i for one am not a very old member of Dominion and has just recently gained knowledge about why this war between the Yakis and Dominion came to be.

i never cared about anything else in the game except for my leveling. but then there came a time when my innocent mind(LOL) was tarnished by the Yakis. Yes, the Yakis.u guys wanna now why?

1.during the 1st few colony wars i just came out of auch 1 to go train to El Lago de Tres Hermanas,suddenly to my surprise(and my 1st time) this guy with suddenly killed me, and i saw that it was a yaki.

2.i always had someone to hunt and train with, and that was my brother.during one of our little boss raids which was on the crater of juaqin we were whacking this violent bear who already had about 5% left of its life when suddenly this guy comes baron both me and my brother and finished off the boss.hmm i wonder who it was..=) yep u got it.it was none other than a yaki member.

i always aimed high in this game.and i carefully decided which faction i was gonna join.

now,my reason for joining Dominion might seem low to you dear readers, but for me it already meant a lot.level 50+ i was grinding hard at the mansion trying to complete my cath quest..dying many times,already getting frustrated at the number of times i had to go and return to barracks to get my players.this guy(2 Dominion players) asked me if i need resu.i was surprised by this offer and accepted it bearing in mind that i would refund the resu pot he used on me.well they never asked for a refund=) (800 vis) was a lot to me back then,i would rather return to barracks than spend 800 vis to resu my character.

and my 1st time stepping into prison juaqin,(to make the story short) my scout died and another Dominion guy resued me for free.

then i thought...hmm Dominion guys are good,yaki guys are bad(not all though), yakis and dominions are in conflict with each other, maybe i could help them.thats when i decided to join the Dominions.

now, i would like to point out that i already hated the yakis(not all) before i joined dominion and my hatred was further deepened by countless Yaki Trash Talks during PVP's and disturbances by them.
-Thus i am saying that TSUBAKI LEADER OF YAISOBA is WRONG for thinking that WE were BRAINWASHED by Dominion TO HATE YAKIS!
-yes I was brainwashed,but not by Dominions as your BLOG stated, but by YOUR OWN MEMBERS and being their leader YOU HOLD THE RESPONSIBILITY TSUBAKI!

I would also like to point out that the Yakisobas are the ones who have a lot of enemies and are therefore OBVIOUSLY in the WRONG here.Tsubaki are you telling us that we Brainwashed GoD, CARNAGE, Vradical,and the other guild to hate you?you seem to impress me the idea that these factions are like bots to be brainwashed.

-also about the so called bug about transfering from guild to guild without suffering the penalty.i claim we are guilty of using such,but i ask you Tsubaki does ROFL ring a bell?

and how could you not hate a guy for acting as if he owns Cervantes server?

and to the Norgards, have you guys asked yourselves why the yakis have suddenly become so nice to you,when once you were enemies?

and so i end my reaction here,having voiced out my opinions i hope this will help clear things up.ill only post my comment here on your BLOG loth:D

Unknown said...

Applaud for the entry. =)

I have been watching all the episodes between various factions and people from a neutral POV (which is one of the major reasons why I politely turned down every invitation extended to me), and I guess a lot has passed for all of us, faction or not, to take a step back to ponder.

In the latest entry Tsubaki has called for a sincere truce, so I think it's a good time for everyone to bury all hatchets, keep things at a friendly competition, and enjoy the game.

Hope things are only gonna get better. =)

Cheers to Granada Espada!

Anonymous said...

Nice post to clarify Yakisoba's point of view post on the Politics between Yakisoba and Dominion ^_^

We love Lothlorien ._.~

Anonymous said...

Loth Jie go go! :P

Anonymous said...

The other side of the coin. Dominion's response is justifiable. I guess it all boils down to members going around unchecked.

Yakis already lost their edge, hp boost and elite stuffs so its natural for them to simmer down.

It will be interesting to see whether Domi members will accept the truce. Peace! V

Anonymous said...

well said Lothlorien ((:

To all fellow Dominion members:
Do be watchful of yourselves. This time round we are the dominant one on the map with all the HP buffs. All eyes are on us. We may have justified ourselves with words here. But end of the day it all boils down to our actions in-game. Let's show everyone how gracious Dominions really are.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

lol vendetta. tht's another mini blog entry. XP anyway, i love loth chan all the more. this entry makes me wanna go whoopppiiiieeeeee <3. good job loth chan. =)

lothlorien said...

@Raywing: Thank you for your kind comments. I too, agree that things might have gone too personal, and I hope that the dust would settle down soon. With regards to the request for truce, it is a decision that the ally and friends have to agree upon. We can only hope things will become better for everyone involved.

@Vidan: Likewise, I can only hope things will get better. We learn and move on. Gaming is all about having fun after all!

@To the Domies: I agree with Giovani, please be mindful that everyone will have their ups and downs, and treat everyone with respect.

Anonymous said...

Nice one Loth..all this i teach u how to write one right?=DD firstly i would like to thank my mother,my father,my friends and my relatives.. LOL ...jkjk

anyway well said..Dom is not created to be the top faction of Cervantes,but to create stronger bonds with our fellow mates =)

Unknown said...

=)

Freedom, Unity, Friendship --- Let's continue to uphold that spirit.

- Mardias

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up for Eli d--(-_-)z

KubomBee said...

Yes yes i agree.. This line works like miracle~!


- Freedom - Unity - Friendship -

Good Luck on the Next CW Dominion.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Dominion's side of the story. However, the question of why Wussking was banned is never really answered in my opinion.

It is stated that Wussking used a "gaming keyboard which xtrap did not has any issue with." So it sounds like he didn't get banned for this reason to me unless i am misinterpreting it, as earlier on it is mentioned that it was his "only mistake". So gaming keyboard is illegal for GE? Then it is stated that "he got banned from suspected botting". So if he wasn't really botting why would he banned when IAH investigated his case?

When it comes down to it only IAH and Wussking knows why he/she was banned. Of course the real reason why Wussking was banned really doesn't matter to me but might to others. What has happened has happened, and my opinion of Dominion improved with the new leadership in place once Wussking left.

lothlorien said...

@jinx626: Sorry, I might have been uncleared in my statements. If memory served me right, IAH's gaming policy do not endorse the use of a gaming keyboard, but xtrap did not have any issue with Wuss's one, therefore he went ahead and use it.

And as I mentioned in my entry, Wuss came back to resume leadership. I appreciate your kind feedback, but you are wrong to say that Dominion improve after he left. He is still very much in Dominion, as the sweetest and nicest leader you can ever find ;).

Anonymous said...

Wuss is the leader i respect the most,so please do not criticse his leadership.

Anonymous said...

http://yakisoba.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/colony-war-results-2/#comments

More jws